Farmland, Downham, Lewisham, c.1880


The site for what was later to be the Downham Estate was, in part, owned by the Earl of Northbrook (441 acres) and Lord Foster (131 acres).

The former included two farms: Shroffolds Farm and Holloway Farm. This view could be one of these.

The land was purchased by the London County Council in 1920.

See historic maps of Downham