Splendid Cinema, Bromley Road, Downham, Lewisham, c.1930
The "Splendid" Cinema opened in 1930 and served as Downham's only cinema. It had 2244 seats.
It was among many other leisure and welfare facilities that were being completed after the housing element of the estate was established. The cinema closed in 1957.
To the right is the old (upper) mill on the Ravensbourne river.