Kingsland, The Woodlands, Hither Green, 1966
The Woodlands Estate was originally part of a wood called Willowise.
Around 1842, 10 acres of this estate were sold in equal parts to two publicans, Jeremiah Woolard and John Grove. Each built a house for his own residence and over the next 50 years nine more houses were built on the estate and let, mostly on short-term leases.
This house was built in the 1870s and was given the name of 'Ormonde'. It was extended and its name changed to Kingsland in the mid 1920s.
In 1967 it was demolished to be replaced by two bungalows (Nos 122 and 124).
This photograph was taken on 22 October 1966.