Wesleyan Church, Hither Green Lane, Hither Green, c. 1910
The foundation stone of the Wesleyan Church was laid on 22nd July 1899 and it was completed by 1900 at a cost of £4,800, to accommodate 700 people.
The church was designed by Josiah Gunton, a specialist in non-conformist churches, and built by C. Castle & Son of Lower Clapton. It was of red brick with stone dressings in the 16th century gothic style with heavily traceried windows and a tall pinacled tower.
The interior consisted of a nave, two aisles, a transept, chancel, organ chamber and galleries on three sides.
The church was destroyed by the bombing carried out on the nights of 11 and 12 September 1940 and only a small part of the school hall survived.
The site is now occupied by Littlebourne Council Flats.