Ladywell Baths and Coroner's Court, Ladywell, Lewisham, c. 1905


The Ladywell Baths were built in 1884 in deep red brick, with their own well (not far from the original Lady Well).

The Coroner's Court (far left) was built 10 years later in 1894 also from red brick. Both buildings were needed to serve the expanding population.

The baths closed in 1965 when the Leisure Centre opened; the tower has lost its cap (in 1907-8) and the building's future is uncertain.