Ladywell from Hilly Fields, c. 1899




This view looks south east from Vicar's Hill towards Lewisham and beyond.

In the foreground are the newly completed villas in Vicar's Hill and Ermine Road, built by Jerrard and Sons of Loampit Hill.

Jerrard was responsible for many of the houses in the surrounding streets.

In the distance is the square tower of St Mary's Church, the spire of St Mary's Parish Hall and Ladywell Public Baths (1884) in Ladywell Road.

Copyright: L. Blair. Contact Lewisham Local Studies and Archives.