Vicar's Hill Dairy, Algernon Road, Ladywell, Lewisham, c. 1910
A dairy was established at No.1 when the block called The Pavement was built in 1899, and James Haydon was the proprietor from at least 1910 to 1923.
It later became No. 218 Algernon Road.
Milk was ladled into the individual cans at the customer's door, but the placard on the front of the cart advertises "Special milk for the nursery in sealed cans", indicating that more hygienic arrangements could be made where necessary.