Dining Room, Hurst Lodge, Lee, Lewisham, 1887


Hurst Lodge was built circa 1837 in the style of large houses that characterised Lee at that time.

Its first tenant was a shipowner. At the time of this photograph it was occupied by Robert Kersey, a successful financier and industrialist.

In the 1920s the house was taken over by Patterson Edwards, pram and rocking horse manufacturers, and it was later a record warehouse. Hurst Lodge was demolished in the 1980s.

See historic maps of Lee