Ellerslie House, Lewisham, 1934


Ellerslie House, Loampit Vale, was built in the 1790s for the brothers John and Henry Lee, who were proprietors of the adjoining brick works.

John's son moved to a large villa across the road c.1860, and Ellerslie House became a school.

It was demolished in 1938, when Grover Court was built on the site.

The photograph was taken on 21st March 1934.

See historic maps of Lewisham