High Pavement, Lewisham High Street, Lewisham, 1887
High Pavement was the part of the east side of the High Street north of the junction with Lee High Road.
The Gallic-toned celebration of Queen Victoria's golden jubilee was a neat marketing ploy by Chiesman, whose parade of shops was christened 'Paris House'. Chiesman's developed into Lewisham's premier store.
In 1887 Chiesman's (which later dominated the terrace) occupied only the shops between the flagpoles. The banner reads "1837-1887 Vive La Reine".
The site is now occupied by the recently constructed Police Station.