Lewisham Bridge Mill, Mill Road, Lewisham, c. 1880

lewisham-bridge-mill-01477-350

Lewisham Bridge Mill in Mill Road was one of eleven mills on the Ravensbourne.

Except for a short time in the middle of the 18th century when it was used by the glass cutter Thomas Betts for the manufacture of chandeliers and decanters, it was mainly used for grinding corn.

This photograph was taken during the tenure of the millers J. and H. Robinson, who rebuilt the mill in the early 1850s. The mill was demolished in 1935 after some years as a warehouse. The site is now under a new housing estate.

See historic maps of Lewisham