Lewisham High Street, Lewisham, 1890


Lewisham High Street's last episode as a residential street was concentrated in the section between Limes Grove and the railway bridge at Courthill Road.

Camden Place, a group of four houses behind the wall on the right, were built before c.1821. Three still stand, recently refurbished, while one was sacrificed to the new roundabout in 1991. The terraces on the left were primarily residential until the end of the 20th century.

The spire in the background is that of the Congregational Church.

See historic maps of Lewisham