4, 5 and 6 Wilmore Place, Lewisham, c. 1935

wilmore-place-00090-350
map-wilmore-place-160

The Fox Estate or Lewisham New Town, to the south of Loampit Vale, was the first large-scale working class district in the village.

Development began in the first decade of the 19th century.

Early residents tended to be servants, or to work in the adjoining brickworks and flour mill.

The cottages were demolished as part of a slum clearance scheme in the mid 1930s.

See historic maps of Lewisham