Colfe's Grammar School, Lewisham Hill, c. 1892


Abraham Colfe was vicar of Lewisham from 1610 to 1657. He founded the school that takes his name in 1652 at the site at the corner of Lewisham Hill and Walerand Road.

The school was rebuilt in 1889 (seen here) and moved to Horn Park Lane, in 1964.

This site has been redeveloped as flats.

See historic maps of New Cross