New Cross Gate Station, New Cross, 1844


The London and Croydon Railway came to New Cross in 1839. It was only the second railway in south east London.

The station was originally called New Cross and was renamed New Cross Gate in 1923 to distinguish it from the other New Cross station to the east.

See historic maps of New Cross