St James's Church, New Cross, Lewisham, c. 1910


The manor of Hatcham, which covered much of the area north and south of modern New Cross Road, was bought by the Haberdashers' Company in the early 17th century.

St James Church, just south of New Cross Road, was built in 1854.

It was converted for educational use by the Laban Centre for Movement and Dance in 1970.

See historic maps of New Cross