Telegraph Hill Park, New Cross, Lewisham, c. 1905


The Haberdashers Company, which owns Telegraph Hill, developed the estate between 1875 and 1900.

The development was of large, generously proportioned semi-detached and terraced houses.

The company enhanced the attraction of their enterprise by providing a new church, St Catherine's, two schools and a park. This part of Telegraph Hill Park opened in 1895.

See historic maps of New Cross