Bromley Hill House was built in the late 1760s on the site of a farmhouse.

It was considerably enlarged and modified by Charles Long, Lord Farnborough of Bromley Hill (1761-1838) in stages between the 1790s and his death.

He and his wife were amateur artists and architects, and provided their own designs.

Most of the hundred acres of garden have been built over, but the house survives, somewhat altered, as the Bromley Court Hotel.