Southend Hall was the home of the Forster family from late in the eighteenth century.

As they increased their landholding in Southend and other parts of Lewisham they extended their house into a large, rambling mansion of no architectural pretensions.

When the Forsters were driven away by the arrival of the trams just before the First World War, Southend Hall became a film studio and later a social club.

It was demolished in 1937 so that Whitefoot Lane could be widened and straightened.