34 Sydenham Hill, Sydenham, Lewisham, 1987


Sydenham Hill runs along the top of the ridge which forms the Southwark/Lewisham border.

Land to the west is owned by the Dulwich Estate and remains largely undeveloped even now. Many of the plots on the east side were built on in the later 19th century in a scale and style befitting their impressive natural location.

One of the largest was the Cedars, no 34, built in 1894 for Charles Ash Body.

See historic maps of Sydenham