Map of Blackheath in the 1740s
At this date building around the Heath was largely confined to the beginnings of the Village (here called 'Dowager's Bottom'); Sir Gregory Page's great mansion Wricklemarsh; Sir John Vanbrugh's houses to the east of Greeenwich Park, and the various developments west of the Park.
These included Chesterfield (General Wither's) Walk, West Grove, and Dartmouth Row.
Click on the map above for an enlarged image or click here for a larger, readable image (slow download).
John Rocque 1741 - 1745.