Map of Deptford, c. 1894
By the end of the 19th century Deptford had expanded over nearly all the
marshland (what remained was to become
Deptford Park) and was firmly part of London.
The Royal Dockyard had become the Foreign Cattle Market, and factories were being built along the Surrey Canal and close to the excellent railway system at New Cross to take advantage of Deptford's large pool of cheap labour.
Click on the map above for an enlarged image or click here for a larger, readable image (slow download).
Ordnance Survey 1893 - 1894.