168 Denmark Hill, Camberwell, c. 1905


Once the home of Samuel Sanders, who developed the Herne Hill area, the house was demolished to make way for Ruskin Park.

The estate was bought by the London County Council in 1906 for use as a park for the growing community in the area, and named after the artist and art historian, John Ruskin, who lived in Denmark Hill for many years.