Belair, Belair Park, Dulwich, c. 1972


Belair was built in 1785 in the style of, or possibly by the architect Robert Adam.

Its grounds included an artificial lake made by damming the River Effra.

The house was damaged in World War II and was later taken over by Southwark Council, which renovated it.

It is now used as a restaurant.

See historic maps of Dulwich