Floating Dock, Rotherhithe, 1815


Ship building and repairing were Rotherhithe's traditional industry, at least until the end of the 19th century, when ships outgrew the size of the Rotherhithe yards and docks. 

In the background can be seen the parish Church of St Mary the Virgin.

Drawn by L. Francia and engraved by J. C. Allen, published by W. B. Cooke, 1815.

See historic maps of Rotherhithe