Walworth Road, Walworth, 1930


This view looks north along the Walworth Road towards the ornate Elephant and Castle public house.

The 1920s saw a marked increase in the number of buses and private motor vehicles.

All the buildings around were demolished as part of the London County Council and Greater London Council redevelopment between 1958 and 1965.

See historic maps of Walworth